Monday, February 10, 2014

The painting that took a week

I live in such a beautiful place, too bad it's also on the ring of fire.
This painting took a lot longer than a usual one. I went out a week ago and was only able to complete half of it before the light changed too much to continue. However I saw some nice effect as the shadows got longer, and wanted too incorporate that when I work on the other half.
I painted in the car because it was FREEZING out there with the wind howling. I went outside the car to get stuff out from the trunk and in a few seconds my pants were ice cold, reminds me of Toronto.



I waited and waited for the sun to come out without cloud covers, and that took a week... 
When I was sitting there I heard the crows around me start to making warning calls, and a second later a raccoon walked across the street right in front of my car and past me. A nice surprise for painting outdoors.

Dundas St. due east - oil on panel - 9" x 12"





No comments: