Saturday, February 15, 2014

A rainbow kind of day

When I got there, it was cloud. Later it turned sunny with blue sky and near the end it was pouring rain. At least I got to see 2 rainbows and a bald eagle.
The lights and the clouds were moving so fast, I got frustrated chasing the sky, so the more detailed volumes were added back at home. I tried to squeeze in all the elements I experienced: cloud covers, blue sky and rain.
When it started raining I didn't think to use the umbrella so the palette got wet and I was unable to mix and had to leave early. Once the painting is dry though, I want to add a utility pole with a bald eagle on top and some trees at the foreground. The eagle was just sitting there to the left a little outside my composition

oil on panel - 9" x 12"


You can see here the weather changed many times.




Excuse my bad photo but the last picture you can see the rainbow in the centre of the picture.



No comments: