Saturday, October 12, 2013

Wet parking lot

This is the view from 4th floor at work looking north at the Vancouver Habour and the North Shore mountain in the back. In the foreground is a parking lot next to Crab park. At work we have gone there to play baseball and bocci a couple times.

I live in Vancouver, and Vancouver has a wet season. It's not uncommon that during the winter a whole month could be raining, and it's not just drizzle or periodic rain, it's down pour pretty much 24/7. My painting buddies and I at work also tend to paint around lunch time, so the view/weather/time of day can stay pretty similar for all the paintings.

Around the time I did that painting I was using mostly dark paper. Since I was just starting out I was trying out different shade/color papers to see how they affect the painting. In this case I think the dark paper works well in creating the contrast to show off a wet parking lot


2013 Jan. winter 6" x 8.5"

No comments: