Saturday, October 12, 2013

Office space

My workplace has just announced that they are closing their door and all its 100 employees are being laid off. I think it's appropriate for me to post a painting I did of the work space as I will have very fond memories of this place.
This is my only interior pastel painting so far. I did it just after they have finished putting in this new bar just around the corner from my cubicle. And YES, it's an open bar every single day at work.

The new bar! 6" x 8.5" - 2013 May

So I was getting tired painting the same mountain view from the 4th floor (you will see why as I keep posting), I was walking around the office looking for a new angle, and this caught my eye. I loved the reflection on the floor and the soft light coming in from the windows. I had John Sargent's "Venetian Interior" in mind as I painted this.

John Singer Sargent - Venetian Interior
Today at work, a colleague came up to me and mentioned that this painting has an emotional impact on him. I was glad to hear that, because everyone appreciates a painting with different reasons, and it's great to know that one painting can mean something to someone else.

For more photos of the workspace
http://www.bcbusiness.ca/your-business/inside-pixar-canadas-offices
http://www.thepixarpodcast.com/58


No comments: