Sunday, October 20, 2013

Foggy night

Another night time one. This was painted from my living room. It was night time and foggy. I liked how the gray purple sky complimented the warm orangy street lights. I had to turn off all the lights in the house, because with the lights on it'd reflect the interior on the window and I wouldn't be able to see out properly. Like the other post Nocturne, I wasn't able to judge the colors on the paper. I finished the painting and turned on the light and the sky was green! So I fixed it with the lights on, but I think if I want to do more of these night time painting it might be a good idea to invest one of those little LED head lights.
Overall I think I should have started with black paper instead of this gray one, it made the darks too bright. Also, the orange light area  are a little too desaturated; the right side tree should also have a sharper silhouette.


2013 10 18 - 6.5" x 8.5

No comments: