Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A couple colour studies

I did a couple quick sketches from my home as the sun was setting. In the golden hours, light and colours change by the seconds. Unless you are prepared, you really won't have any time to capture the moment. In this case, I just wanted to jot down the colours that I saw, but even then, the view is very different when I started and when I finished each sketch.
I started the 2nd painting right after I finished the first one and you can see how much had changed. Sometimes you will be "chasing effects", meaning you see something you like and you try to capture it, but as time goes by what attracts you changes and you continue to try to capture in different places.
Many times what you end up with is a "composite" of the fleeting moments.

2014 01 22 b - 6.5" x 8.5"
2014 01 22 a - 6.5" x 8.5"


No comments: