Wednesday, August 20, 2014

latest work

I waded cross the creek so I would have the sun in front of me. There were a few people sun bathing and swimming around me, I managed to capture one sun bather on a big rock. The water was really cool and clear, very inviting on this hot day.

Mountain pool in Lynn Creek – oil on panel – 9″ x 12″



It had rained all day, and when it finally stopped I ran out of the door to paint the dissipating clouds. I had to work extremely fast on this one, as the clouds were disappearing fast.
 
The wind comes from the east – oil on panel – 9″ x 12″



This was done at the Alouette lake. It being a lake there was no tide, so I could take my time painting this shore line. Normally I paint near the salt water shore so this was a rare opportunity.
I had many kids gathered around me while painting this. I let a couple of them paint some strokes on the painting.

Rocks at Alouette lake – oil on panel – 9″ x 12″

No comments: