Saturday, November 16, 2013

Quick one from Bowen Islannd

I finally visited Bowen Island on my friend's invitation. We went to the dock to do some painting with the family. It was a typical Vancouver weather in the fall, but it wasn't raining and there was some colours in the sky. The dock was moving up and down with the wakes and I got sick quickly. It was also cold on the bare hands, anyway all the typical challenges with plein air painting, and the baby was crying. I ended up with just one painting, but the scenery was so serene I would have liked to do a couple more.
I need some darker greens and a dark brown grey. I couldn't get the shadowed part of the trees darker without adding black, but I didn't want it to look dirty so I had to leave it as is.

2013 11 10 - 6.5" x 8.5"


The view


No comments: