Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Evening clouds looking west

This is from a couple days ago. For the hour before I started to paint this, I had been looking at the sun go down and colours get more vibrant and the urge to paint was getting stronger. I was holding my baby son at that time, all of  sudden the urge was too strong to contain, I went over to my wife, and later she said I literally dropped the baby on her, and said: "I have to paint."  I quickly went to my supplies and started to set up as fast as I could. During the magic hours, the colours are changing by the minute. Once I did a block in, I took a photograph before the view completely changed. When the sky became too different, I put the photo up on my laptop and finished the painting from there.


2013 11 03 - 6.5" x 8.5"

No comments: