Sunday, August 31, 2014

Paintings open for sale!

I am opening my paintings up for sale.
Please visit my website for price.



This is the entrance at Pitt Polder Ecological Reserve. It was my first time there and I was very impressed with the view. I walked on the dyke for a couple of hours looking for a more unique view but ended up being exhausted from the heat and fatigue. When I got back to the park entrance, I realized, though it wasn't late, I only had about another hour of sun before it would dip behind the mountain behind me. This ended up being a unique painting due to the fact that there's no details at all.

Pitt Lake view - oil on panel - 9" x 12"



Another visit to the area. I particularly liked the rustic colour in the water.

Barrel in the pond - oil on panel - 6" x 8"



Sometimes when the view is too grand and magnificent, it doesn't actually make a good painting. I had to crop in pretty tight to have a more solid composition.

 Mountains beyond the meadows - oil on panel - 9" x 12"



You might recognize the same trees in another painting of mine. This is one of the few small clearings in the woods at the park, but I only get to paint it when it's cloudy, since it faces north and I do not want the sun to shine on my canvas. I also see so many more colours in this woods when its overcast.

Revelation under the clouds - oil on panel - 9" x 12"



I think I do this a lot: I drive to a spot, get out of the car, see what I want to paint after a short walk, convince myself the views only get better, walk on for hours, arrive back where I started hours later, paint the view that inspired me first.

Edge of the forest - oil on panel - 9" x 12"

No comments: