Wednesday, April 02, 2014


Heather says the cherry trees here look like cotton candies, I guess the clouds too? I drove around in pouring rain and finally decided on this spot, and the rain stopped and the sky cleared.

Candy land - oil on panel - 9" x 12"


This one was at Jericho beach. Both Heather and I feel like we have seen this painting somewhere before, but neither of us can remember.

Corridor - oil on panel - 12" x 9"



Having had done so many paintings at Penzance beach, I am starting to try to squeeze the last juice out of it. Whenever I get to a new place I go for the low hanging fruit, the obvious nice views. After several paintings, it gets harder and harder to find a different subject, though the decision making process is always based on the arrangements of shapes.

Rocks on Penzance beach - oil on panel - 9" x 12"



No comments: